Here, are some tips that can be used to develop your confidence.
- Spend quality time talking to God and meditating on His Word. Meditating is setting aside quiet time for you to listen to God by spending time studying His instructions, which have already been provided for us (Bible verses). It is important to pray (talk to God), but it is just as important to meditate (listen to God).
- Stop fearing rejection and failure.Use failure as a learning tool. Don’t take your downfalls too personal they are meant to make you stronger and wiser.
- Realize that everyone’s opinion does not matter. There is no way you can perfectly please everyone (get that through your head NOW). Also, STOP comparing your life to someone else’s.
- Life is meant for you to live and take chances. Don’t be afraid to step out of the box or spread your wings and jump.
- Be more selective about what you feed your spirit. This includes what you watch, read, listen to and even the people you spend a lot of time with. How you spend your time has a huge impact on your life as a whole. Choose wisely!
- Write out some positive affirmations on stickies and in your journal. Leave your journal near where you sleep and every night before going to sleep read them aloud. It’s important that you say them not just read them silently. Speaking these positive, faith-filled words will help manifest them. As a result of your faith, your confidence will inevitably flourish.
- Doubt your doubt. When negative thoughts try to question your God-given abilities question them.
Doubt: You know you’re not the best writer, right? Why would you start a blog? No one will read it, so you’re just waiting your time. You: What if I am a good writer? What if I can only get better by writing more? What if God put this blog on my heart to start? What if someone reads my blog posts and at least one post helps them?
- Love yourself flaws and all, God does.