There has been so much going on in my life. At this point, I just want to take a much-needed break from a lot of things that have been draining me. My goal in taking this break or detoxing is to gain clarity, focus, and discipline.
Work anywhere from 50 to 65 hours a week has begun to take a toll on my life and in some ways, I feel stuck. I feel like I’ve been more distracted and that’s not acceptable. My ultimate goals in life are to please God and receive God’s best for my life.
I will not settle for anything less than God’s best and for me to receive the best I need to make some sacrifices.
So for this detox, I plan on:
- Not using any social media, besides using it to share updates about my business and/or my blog.
- Taking a break from listening to secular music as a whole.
- Limiting the amount of television I watch.
- Reading the Bible and books that add value to my life only.
- Not talking on the phone unless it is spiritually adding value to my life or the life of the other person and /or people on the other end of the line.
- Distancing myself from spiritually draining people and situations.
- Scheduling specific times to pray throughout the day.
- Spending at least 15 quality minutes a day reading the Bible for understanding.
- Using the You Version Bible application to find a Bible Plan to engage in.
I’m taking a step back to hear God’s voice more clearly and to strengthen my faith. Feel free to join me, I will be starting this journey next Monday.